Friday, October 23, 2015

Dating and the Journey to Eternal Marriage

What does dating mean to you? Isn't it confusing these days how you're trying to explain what's happening between you and someone you are interested in? They might say
"So I saw you the other night with someone how is that going?"
"Oh.. yeah we are just dating."
"How long did have you been together?"
"We're just dating.."

This can be frustrating. Sometimes it goes the other way were they mean dating as a relationship.. "We've been dating for two months now"    So does that mean a relationship or just been going on dates for the last two months??

Well it's important that we take the steps and enjoy the journey to a temple marriage. I think it is especially crucial to not rush the process.. THIS IS ETERNITY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!
We need not make it a race.

There is a wonderful article I've been talking up this week to my roommate and friends about this idea of casual dating. I really like this concept that has been kind of lost but it needs to be revived!
 Casual Dating is Alive and Well Take a look at this article about how we can have fun dating and get to know a lot of people. 

I'm someone who really likes the formal part of dating. A guy will ask me out and uses the word DATE with a TIME in mind and a PLAN so that I can be prepared. We discussed the 3 P's to dating Planned, Paid for, and Paired off.

Now I'm also a big believer in simple dates.Paid for doesn't always have to include money.. it just means that the resources are put forth. I also personally believe that if you asked you provide the means to the date. 

Planned means that there has been some thought that has been put in place, not just last minute hang outs.. THIS IS WHAT'S DESTROYING THE DATING WORLD! 

Paired off. This one was interesting to me. It's kind of obvious that dating is paired off but in comparison to the new "Hanging out" we can see a problem.. It's not paired off! This causes competition within groups and that is not good.

Group dates are great! pair off! plan something fun! get out and go out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment